Wonders of St Petersburg and Moscow Summer 2019
Brochure Type: Europe At Leisure 2019
A rail adventure combining art and antiquities with such attractions as the Hermitage Museum, Red Square and the Kremlin. Gain insights into Russia's transformation over the centuries.
- CITY TOUR in St. Petersburg and Moscow
- VISIT the Hermitage Museum for a sightseeing tour, the Peter and Paul Fortress and St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow
- VIEW the Tsar's Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the statue of Peter the Great in St. Petersburg, Red Square and the Walls of the Kremlin in Moscow
- SMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING enjoy a guided tour of St. Petersburg's Hermitage Museum with a group size of no more than 25 guests
- 6 hot buffet breakfasts
- 2 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (252) 636-3034 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14385228
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||St. Petersburg||Arrive St. Petersburg (3 Nights): Tread in the footsteps of tsars and tsarinas, of artists, poets and musicians, whose great gifts to the romantic city of St. Petersburg you will have an opportunity to see during an orientation drive through Russia's Imperial City after meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and light dinner.Welcome Reception|
Solo Sokos Vasilievsky
|Day 2||St. Petersburg||St. Petersburg Sightseeing and Hermitage Museum visit: Explore opulent royal history and the might of imperial Russia on a sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. View the magnificent Tsar's Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the statue of Peter the Great, whose inspired vision for this Baltic settlement saw it rival even the most sophisticated of European capitals. Explore the Peter and Paul Fortress on an included visit before we 'Connect With Locals', meeting some of the students of St. Petersburg's Theatre for canapes and an unforgettable stage performance at our Be My Guest experience. Learn how your visit will 'Make A Difference' to the theatrical education of St. Petersburg's youth. Later, join a Small Group Sightseeing visit with a Local Specialist to the Hermitage Museum. Occupying five buildings on the banks of the Neva, the Hermitage features some three million artefacts, representing the development of world culture and art from the stone age to the 20th century. This evening, consider a theatre visit to enjoy a fascinating Russian Folklore performance.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||St. Petersburg||St. Petersburg At Leisure: The narrow lanes and grand boulevards of St. Petersburg are ours to explore today. Admire the ornate domes and colourful mosaics of the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood and the gold-plated dome of St. Isaac's Cathedral. Perhaps consider joining an Optional Experience to the gardens and miracle of engineering reflected in the fountains of Peter the Great's summer residence at Peterhof, designed to rival the opulence of Versailles. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Moscow||St. Petersburg - High-Speed Train - Moscow (3 Nights): After a hearty breakfast, enjoy some time at leisure before boarding a train to the Russian capital. En route, contemplate the tumultuous and captivating history of an ancient city that oozes grandeur, and the indomitable spirit of the Russian nation which saw it send the first man to outer space. Straddling the Moskva River, this city is the country's political, economic, religious and financial hub - and your home for the next three nights.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Moscow||Moscow Sightseeing and At Leisure: The imposing Red Square - the site of grand celebrations and beautiful architecture - takes centre stage this morning during a guided sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. Visit inside St. Basil's Cathedral and see the Kremlin Walls and towers before spending some time at leisure exploring the sights. Perhaps stroll along the banks of Moskva River or join an Optional Experience to admire the exquisite underground art and history showcase that is the Moscow Metro.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Moscow||Moscow At Leisure: Kick-start your morning immersing yourself in the kofe culture of Moscow, before taking to its streets to learn about its triumphs and defeats. Consider visiting one of the city's fascinating museums, explore the city's extraordinary literary and artistic heritage or take an Optional Experience to the 14th-century Sergiyev Posad, a place of pilgrimage and the largest religious and cultural centre in Russia. This evening, we toast to the magic and magnificence of Mother Russia, joining our fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 7||Depart Moscow||Depart Moscow: We close the door on our epic At Leisure holiday in two iconic Russian cities and say farewell to newfound friends. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included in the prices above. to International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class