GLOBUS 2020: The Best of Italy (LB)
11 days from Rome to Rome
Call (252) 636-3034 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14472413
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and enjoy a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Rome||Guided sightseeing of the ?Eternal City? starts with a visit to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL with Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment, followed by a visit to monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Then, enjoy views of other major sites as you drive to the Roman Forum and visit the ancient COLOSSEUM, where gladiators once fought. An optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to further explore Rome's famous sites. (B)|
|Day 3||Tuscany||Following the Tiber Valley, reach Orvieto, perched high atop a volcanic rock. Time to browse through tempting shops in the lanes off Piazza del Duomo and to visit the gothic CATHEDRAL with its San Brizio Chapel. Enter Tuscany, Italy's most famous and popular province, and drive through the Chianti wine area to the spa resort of Montecatini in Tuscany. (B)|
|Day 4||Tuscany||Look forward to a full day in Florence, 'Cradle of the Renaissance.' Meet your Local Guide, and visit the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS with Michelangelo's celebrated David. Continue your walking tour through the historic center and stand in awe in front of the magnificent cathedral, admire Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze 'Gates of Paradise,' and sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE. Afterwards, you may wish to shop for Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry, sold by the ounce. For art lovers, an optional excursion to the Uffizi Gallery is available. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Venice Island||Drive towards the Mediterranean coast following the valley of the Arno to Pisa. Take the traditional picture pushing back the amazing Leaning Tower, 180 feet high and at least 12 feet out of the perpendicular. Next is Venice, a powerful magnet for romantics and art lovers from around the world. Board your PRIVATE BOAT to Lido Island. Later, [LF] ride in style by PRIVATE WATER-TAXI to ST. MARK'S SQUARE to discover Venice by night, and to maybe join a traditional optional gondola serenade. (B)|
|Day 6||Venice Island||Follow your Local Guide for a walking tour and visit the byzantine ST. MARK'S BASILICA, lavish DOGES' PALACE, and the BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Also watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old tradition. Time to wander through narrow streets and explore the various shops, and you may wish to join an exciting optional excursion to the island of Burano. (B)|
|Day 7||Assisi||Sit back and relax during a scenic drive through the Apennine Mountains to peaceful Assisi, where your Local Guide will take you for a visit to ST. CLARE'S CHURCH and ST. FRANCIS' BASILICA built above the Saint's grave and the hub of a religious order devoted to the ideals of humility, forgiveness, simplicity, and love for all God's creatures. Hear about monastic life and admire the priceless frescoes adorning the walls of the church. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Capri||South along the Highway of the Sun to fascinating POMPEII. Join your Local Guide for a highlight visit of this Roman city both destroyed and preserved by an eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. See a patrician home, public baths, and shops that give a striking picture of what day-to-day life was like in Rome at its apex of power. In Naples, cross the blue bay by JETFOIL to the Isle of Capri for your 2-night stay, and ride the FUNICULAR to Capri village. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Capri||Look forward to [LF] your Capri experience: sightseeing with a Local Guide, an OPEN-TAXI RIDE to Anacapri to visit famous VILLA SAN MICHELE, and a relaxing BOAT CRUISE (weather permitting) around the island. Balance of the day is at leisure, to immerse yourself in the wonderful atmosphere of this beautiful island, to browse through the little shops on the piazzetta, or to just relax. (B)|
|Day 10||Rome||Speed across the glittering bay to the charming resort of Sorrento. Enjoy time to stroll around and check out the local shops before returning to Rome. This evening, farewell dinner at a local restaurant has been prepared to say arrivederci Italia. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Rome||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $460Triple room reduction per person: $60Extra nights per person in Rome:Pre tour: in single room $172-$237, in twin $112-$170, in triple $98-$153Post tour: in single room $97-$135, in twin $67-$97, in triple $66-$90
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).